Tuesday, October 5, 2010

'Slimness comes with stress': How heartbreak over Gavin Henson split helped Charlotte Church lose weight

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

Ready to play: Charlotte Church is digitally altered to looked like a children's doll in a playroom in a quirky photoshoot for Heat magazine


With relaunching her music career and her love split from Gavin Henson, it's unsurprising Charlotte Church has spent a large part of the year stressed.

But after wowing fans with her newly-svelte figure in recent months, the Welsh star has admitted her personal troubles have contributed to her stunning weight loss.

In the second part of a two-part interview, the 24-year-old admitted the strain of her personal and professional life led to her dropping the pounds.

She tells this week's Heat magazine: 'I was just fed up. Fed up of having massive bingo wings. I thought, “I’m in my early 20s and, yeah, I’ve had two kids, but there’s no reason why I shouldn’t look like I did before I had two kids.”

'So I just ate less. I still ate whatever I wanted, just less of it. I halved the portions of everything I ate.'

While Church's newfound figure coincides with the launch of her comeback album Back To Scratch, the singer insists she'd rather be 'fat and happy'.

She explained: 'Generally, for me, slimness comes with a little bit of upset or stress.


Changing shape: A svelte Charlotte on Over The Rainbow earlier this year (left) and looking curvier at the Isle Of Wight Festival last year


'Whereas when I’m happy I tend to get a little bit bigger. Which is fine. I’d rather be fat and happy, to be honest.'

Church stunned fans when she showed off her newly-slimmed down figure in March when she became a judge on BBC talent show Over The Rainbow.


The full interview with Charlotte is in the new issue of Heat magazine


Over the summer, the Voice Of An Angel star appeared to have slimmed down even more on the 'heartbreak diet' as her relationship with Gavin Henson ended.

Despite getting engaged to long-term love Henson in February, the couple split secretly in April after Henson returned from filming reality show 71 Degrees North in Norway - only announcing the end of their relationship six weeks later.

In the first part of her tell-all interview last week, Church said Henson's month-long stint in Norway made her realise she didn't want to marry him.

She said: 'He’s a lot more grown up and open. I think he learned a lot about himself and he’d never had time to sit back and reflect before.

‘When he proposed, I was overjoyed. It was amazing. I really was going to marry Gav and spend the rest of my life with him. But then he came back from Norway and he’d changed and I’d had time to think.'

Church is now dating singer/songwriter Jonathan Powell and insists Henson has given them his blessing.


• The full interview appears in this week's Heat magazine, on sale now.


Split: Charlotte and Gavin Henson split just weeks after announcing their engagement


source :dailymail